1. HOW TO ENTER!
2. ENTRIES! As conditions of entry, and by uploading and entering an Entry for this Contest, you warrant and represent that the Entry:! • is original and has been created in a lawful manner; • does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; • has not been entered in any previous contest(s); ” has not been published or distributed previously in any media; and! ” does not contain subject matter that may violate community standards or is otherwise of questionable taste (in the sole discretion of the Contest administrators).! You agree that you won’t be paid for your Entry or receive any form of compensation from TELUS for your Entry, and that TELUS shall have the right to display your Entry whenever and wherever required for TELUS’s purposes.! You warrant and represent that you own all rights to your Entry. By submitting an Entry, you irrevocably grant TELUS and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used) your Entry, as well as to use your name, likeness, photograph (“Likeness”) and/or statements regarding your participation in this contest (with or without using your name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory and without additional compensation or approval from you or any other party. You hereby waive all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights and other legal and moral rights that might preclude TELUS or its affiliate’s use of your Entry, and you agree not to sue or assert any claim against TELUS for the use of your Entry or your Likeness or statements.! You agree to indemnify and hold TELUS, its affiliates and agencies and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents and any of their employees (collectively, the “Indemnitees”) harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable lawyers’ fees) and liabilities (including settlements) brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of your Entry or your conduct in creating an Entry or otherwise in connection with this contest, including, but not limited to, claims for trademark and copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. You further agree to release TELUS and its affiliates from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of TELUS infringes your rights with regard to any elements, characters or ideas contained in any Entry.
3. THE PRIZE Grand Prize There will be three (3) grand prize winners selected throughout the Contest Period. Each selected entrant will have the opportunity to star in a video created by the Play With The Best production team (dates to be arranged with winners). (approx retail value $25,000). Secondary Prize There will be four (4) secondary prizes to be won. Secondary prize winner will be selected each month throughout the Contest Period. Each winner will receive a (4) Pack of lift passes to a mountain of their choice (choices include Whistler Blackcomb, Big White, Fernie, Kicking Horse, Kimberley or Nakiska) (approx retail value is $350) Prize must be accepted as awarded. TELUS reserves the right to substitute the prize which is, in their sole opinion, a prize of equivalent value and/or to terminate or withdraw this contest at any time. The chances of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received.
4. ELIGIBILITY To be eligible entrants must submit an Entry during the campaign timeframe of October 21, 2013 to April 5, 2013. This contest is open to all residents of British Columbia and Alberta only, who are 18 years of age or older. This contest excludes employees of TELUS Corporation, their affiliated companies or subsidiaries, their advertising and promotional agencies and members of their respective immediate families, and any person domiciled with any of the above.
5. THE SELECTION Grand Prize: On January 15, 2014, February 15, 2014 and April 5, 2014, at approximately 10:00 am PST, one (1) entrant will be selected by a panel of TELUS judges. The selected entrants will be chosen based on the following criteria: (1) Creativity 25%, (2) Photographic quality 50% and (3) Showcasing the Sport 25%. In the event of a tie a random draw will be conducted amongst the tied entrants. Secondary Prize: On November 29, 2013 December 13, 2013 January 30, 2014, and February 27, 2014 at approximately 10:00 am PST, one (1) entrant will be selected by random draw. by a TELUS representative. The selected entrants will be notified on Twitter or Instagram, or by email within approx. one (1) hour of the selection process.The selected entrant will have two (2) business days from the date of notification to contact the contest administrator. If a selected entrant does not contact the contest administration by the end of two (2) business days, or if the selected entrant does not meet all of the contest rules, another Entry will be selected. To win, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time. The winning entrant of the prize must sign a standard Release form confirming compliance with the Contest Rules and releasing TELUS and its directors, officers, partnership interest holders, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies from any and all liability arising out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the contest including liability arising from the acceptance of and usage of the prizes as awarded. Failure to comply with the Contest Rules or to sign and return the Release form within 2 days of receipt will result in disqualification and another entry will be selected.
6. ENTRIES All entries become the property of TELUS. TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from this contest. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS and its advertising and promotional agencies corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest or for any other reason. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with, or unlawful in any way. Entries submitted by unauthorized means or by spamming will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that an entry has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these rules and/or an entrant has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these rules, the entrant and all of their entries will be disqualified. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the contest judges, which are final. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
7. PRIVACY By entering the contest, an entrant consents to the use of their name, city of residence and image for publicity purposes in all media used by TELUS without payment or compensation.
8. OTHER Entrants that are customers of TELUS at the time of entry and/or at the time of prize award must have their TELUS accounts in good standing (with a current account balance that is no more than 30 days past due) in order to be eligible to win the prize.